Monday 27 April 2015

Recording sessions

I should go over how we did the voice recordings, back in feburary I contacted a few friends who I thought would fit the characters of my story. So me and my sound producer Willy used the portable recording studio to record voices for the short, I did the voice for Cpt nathgug.




During the recording process the main focus was to fail fast, because we had to make many retakes to get the characters right, usually the actors would say the lines 3-4 times and I chose which ones were to be put into the final cut.

Overall the sessions were very straightforward, the only problems encountered were making sure the scripts were updated before the recording started.

But perhaps the biggest problem was finding a voice actor for scorch. It was discussed in my mentor meetings that a female character would make a good voice track for the character Scorch.

In the final cut, I finally made a choice, but scorch only says one line anyway!















No comments:

Post a Comment