Sunday 26 April 2015

Mrs Middleton character

We're approaching the final submission date and the final production is getting there. MY favorite scene to work on in the last week was Mrs Middleton.

Mrs middleton has a very outgoing and motherly personality and her sequences were a challenge for being a brand new character to animate, however, to keep her on model I created a character sheet to adhear to while animating.



and heres the final outcome, (note: I know that not much of the animation has clean and crisp line work, but im working to a deadline and im concentrating on the feeling and thinking of the character and for me, that comes through more in sketchy lines. Motion and emotoin are at high regards to me when animating.

At first the animation was not going well, I wanted a nice bobbing of the head, but this didnt feel right in the initial run. So remembering what Samy Fecih said in This interview with animator island said that you should shoot video reference if your struggling. So I did and this really helped with the momentum and movements of the character which I hadnt seen before, From this point on I decided that I should always strive to create video acting reference to make the performances more realistic. 

Heres the reference and finnished shot. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment