Monday 27 April 2015

Previous Honours Idea

Before Shorc film, I was intending to do a completely different idea.

Set in a fantasy japanese forest. A kappa, a creature of Japanese folklore collects, preserves and eats fish. Everyday he would catch the same boring grey fish. One day he discovers an unsual bright colour in the splash pool. 






Why not this one?

I would have loved to have taken this idea futher, but what stopped me from pursuing one was the fact that the river character was totally impossible to empathize with. His motiv for moving forward in the story didnt feel right after a few talks with my peers and mentor. 

If he somehow learned from the experience he had and learned that he was greedy and that this clouded his vision, then maybe the story and character would work. As with shorc Film is that this is another project I will not let die. It needs some improvement but im willing to make this and shorc film become fully realised things.

I would have enjoyed selling the drama of the story within the animation, also I would have been very happy to animate pure emotion with no dialogue to tell the story.

Its a long shot, Ive already done alot of artwork for it but after some adjustments this thing could go into more development.  

No comments:

Post a Comment