Monday 27 April 2015

Inspirations for Shorc film

I should have talked about this ages ago, but this video did catch my attention while looking for research on Shorc film.
WWE Wrestling Superstar Kane gets a low pay job in this little sketch. Which is pretty similar to the position of the orcs having to succumb to bosses that have to look up to talk to them.



Just goes to show that inspiration can come from anywhere! Haha

Any way on a serious note, the inspiration for the idea came about when I drew a sketch of a giant orc riding a tiny little tricycle.

I may have mentioned that already in a previous post, but this was the first vision that I had with the idea, It originally was going to be a short skit,

Similar in length to a robot chicken sketch. but this requires a strong discipline in story writing which I dont posess having learned from making this trailer.

This Sketch from robot chicken (again involving wrestlers) has these guys trying not to screw up. The plot of the sketch doesnt really go anywhere, but again the setting was a really good base for comedy. It wasnt when I watched this I immediately got inspired, I't was more a case of remembering back to seeing this sketch and drawing the orcs at the same time. This is usually how i get inspired most of the time.


But after all
Being ambitious is great but never do something like a 5 min long short and expect it to be coloured and polished within 2 whole semesters.

No comments:

Post a Comment